Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Current Obsession: Oversized Eyewear


I am also drawn to the 1950s cats-eye glasses of olde... But doubt I'd have the guts to do it myself. Prada has a fabulous pair, not so different from these (available here on Etsy).


But should I do it? The oversized glasses aren't been worn by many... And I think it takes a lot of guts to have your peepers framed in such a way. But I do so adore geek chic. And what do I care if no one else is doing it anyway? Since when??


The only irksome thing is, is that because not a lot of peeps are doing the oversized glasses thing:
(a) There isn't a lot of stock here... So I'm either going full-on costly (and there is of course a divine pair of either Viktor & Rolf or Christian Dior's that I have my eyes on - literally - and which each cost a very pretty penny that could possibly go elsewhere... Like my credit card debt!) or I'm going el cheapo, and they're not as pretty... Do we wait for more stock? But then be one of the sheep?; and

(b) The frames are more on the chunky side, which doesn't quite work on my face. Apparently it's because this trend is mainly for men ... pfft!


Dilemmas. Again.

No comments: